Disabling the dot (.) commands | Setting your own prefix for commands

By helloana 13 April 2019 13:43

Member · 14 comments

So I got banned on a server one time, and the way they checked me for hacking was quite smart. They used /sudo on me (something like /sudo <my name> c:.say hi) then obviously if my message says "hi" then I am hacking. If my messages shows ".say hi" then I am not hacking.

The title says it all. I'm requesting a way to either disable the dot commands (maybe a script if possible? thanks.) OR being able to use prefixes other than dots, like for example we can set it as a dollar sign (e.g. $say hi) or a tilde (e.g. ~say hi) or disable it as a whole.

Hopefully you can consider my suggestion. I think I am not the only one who needs this, because I have seen other threads about this and hopefully this one will push you to approve it. If you are going to deny it, please explain why not because I think it's a great suggestion.

EDIT:
It was "/sudo <player> c:<message>", not "/sudo <player> <message>". I forgot the "c:" before the message.

Last edited by helloana (13 April 2019 15:29)

By Senk Ju 13 April 2019 14:48

Administrator · 647 comments

It is impossible for the server to make the client send something in the chat. Therefore this cannot have happened.

CCBlueX Co-Owner

By Shiv3R 13 April 2019 15:02

Member · 146 comments
Senk Ju wrote

It is impossible for the server to make the client send something in the chat. Therefore this cannot have happened.

it is? /sudo does it

By helloana 13 April 2019 15:25

Member · 14 comments
Shiv3R wrote
Senk Ju wrote

it is? /sudo does it

You can google to find out more about sudo. Basically an opped person can do "/sudo <player> c:<message here>" to force me to say something. If some admin did "/sudo <my name> c:.say hi" on me, I would say ".say hi" in chat normally but since I am using this client, ".say" is a command so the final output is I would say "hi" therefore I am hacking.

By Senk Ju 13 April 2019 15:38

Administrator · 647 comments

Messages sent by /sudo are not actually sent by the client. The server just makes it look like they were. The Minecraft protocol does not have a packet which allows the server to make clients send chat messages.

Actually, I have just tried it out and it does not work.
2019-04-13_17-38-20_chrome.png

CCBlueX Co-Owner

By helloana 13 April 2019 15:40

Member · 14 comments
Senk Ju wrote

Messages sent by /sudo are not actually sent by the client. The server just makes it look like they were. The Minecraft protocol does not have a packet which allows the server to make client send chat messages.

Actually, I have just tried it out and it does not work.
https://img.liquidbounce.net/uxc/2019-0 … chrome.png

That is strange, I swear it actually happened to me o_O...
I am so confused.

Last edited by helloana (13 April 2019 15:40)

By TyMaxis 26 April 2019 14:19

Member · 13 comments

but still, I also do not mind to add disable commands in the chat. For example, the administration asks you to write a message with a dot in front, in order to check you.

TyMaxis wrote

but still, I also do not mind to add disable commands in the chat. For example, the administration asks you to write a message with a dot in front, in order to check you.

Use “.say .say hello”?

By Lifoh 30 April 2019 08:09

Member · 29 comments

I believe this would be a very useful feature! In General, it is possible to write a command on behalf of the player.

png.png

You can see for yourself in this>

/tellraw @a ["",{"text":"[>] ","bold":true,"color":"aqua"},{"text":"Anti-bot protection. ","color":"white"},{"text":"[Click here!]","bold":true,"color":"green","clickEvent":{"action":"run_command","value":".say I am worst hacker!"},"hoverEvent":{"action":"show_text","value":"Right click to join the game!"}}]

^^^